Monday, January 30, 2012

Pinterest and Egg Salad

I am trying out Pinterest, and I love it!  There is so much inspiration for not only new food, but everything else in life too...But let's talk about food.  Today I saw a link for World's Easiest Boiled Eggs. Here it is:
http://momonamission.me/?p=649 , and it works!  Did you know I took the Cobb Salad off the menu because I am so bad at boiling eggs?  The peel stuck to the egg everytime, and half the egg white would tear off, and it just was not presentable.  Well, not anymore! Look at these glorious boiled and peeled eggs:

And the insides look perfect:

I learned something new from Chef Brent today.  You know the grey/green ring that can appear around the egg yolk?  That means they are over-cooked.  I'm very familiar with that ring.  These eggs, on the other hand- fantastico!
So I went to work, and if you are wondering what the missing ingredient was on this Facebook picture:

It was the beautiful eggs for Egg Salad!
That's better.
I used mayo, mustard powder, whole-grain mustard, chopped celery, chopped red onion (and then I added some red onion slices), paprika, and some fresh parsley making a random appearance in our warm January garden.  
Then, I put the egg salad on Wheat with mustard, lettuce, tomato, and provolone cheese.  I think I made this one too messy to put on the panini press, but it was certainly good as a cold sandwich!  

So, thank you Mom on a Mission for sharing your hard-boiled egg instructions and thank you person who pinned it on Pinterest. I have finally learned how to easily boil my favorite food!  
...Cobb Salad reappearing soon at The Tin Roof Cafe...