Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Harvest

In the previous post, I forgot to share photos of some of the harvest we enjoyed:
July 28- our first okra and a gigantic cucumber

August 2- Cherry, Roma, Regular, and Gigantic Tomato

August 6- I love this!

August 10- Those roma tomatoes went into homemade tomato jam.  Those big Virginia Pink tomatoes went into many mouths.
We put some of the okra on the panini press with a little olive oil.  When it came off the press, a little lemon and salt was added- and I could eat these all day! 

August 31- I miss it already!

September 7- I think I forgot to share the story of the habanero pepper plant- but here is some of  the harvest-  and where the plant was located pre-compost pile- between the tarragon, sage, and rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment