Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Planting the Soil

I was left unchaperoned with the unplanted plants for over a week. The bad news: The tomatoes didn't survive it. :( The good news: But everything else came through just fine! Woo hoo!

More good news? The FFA Sevierian students came back and got to work tilling the compost into the dirt, and we got everything planted!
I wonder if I could learn to till?

Notice the difference in color between the dirt pile and the compost pile. :)
Lovely herbs- I believe we have some sage, basil, tarragon, rosemary, and cilantro in this bed.


We're trying some cucumber seeds (from Uncle Eddie!) in this bed.

Cucumber plants went in here- the goal is for them to grow up and around the wheelbarrow.  Stay tuned....


The big picture.  We don't have the middle bed planted yet.  It's for tomatoes.  After I get some to survive the pre-planting stages. 
I'll keep posting as we make more progress!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment