Thursday, December 1, 2011

Friendship Tea


Powdered Orange Drink, Lemonade, and Tea aren't ingredients you see around the cafe...um, ever.  But I made an exception because I was craving some Friendship Tea.  It's also called Russian Tea. 
If you want to try it, here's the recipe I used:
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 c Tang
1/2 c Nestea Instant Tea
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice, ground
1/2 tsp cloves, ground
1 c. Lemonade Mix

Like I said, there's not much healthy, natural, or wholesome about it. Oh, I didn't say that, but now I have. :)
If you don't want to stay up awhile, use Decaf Instant Tea.  I used Caffeinated and had some on my way to midnight Black Friday shopping.  It started wearing off around 4:30 a.m., so it was a perfect addition to the ridiculously fun shopping trip! Lol!
Here are the ingredients mixed together:

And I will warn you here that the Orange, Lemon, and Tea powder is so fine that the air becomes much fruitier as you whisk...and a fine layer of powder settles on everything around the bowl.  Maybe it's called Friendship Tea because you are saving your Friend from having to clean up the dust! 
Anyhoo, I use 2 tbsp for a 12 oz mug, and fill the rest with boiling water.  It really is a good treat for a cold night! It can be a great hostess gift too-  Just package it in a pretty jar, tie it up with a special mug, holiday ribbon, and whatnot, and you're set.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment