Tuesday, July 6, 2010

T-shirts, Lemonade, Music, and more!

Hello friends, Hope you are staying cool so far this summer. It's nearly impossible, but I'm hopeful for you! ;)
Since I haven't updated since our birthday party, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came out to have cake, win free stuff, and watch the movie UP with us!

As you can see from the photo, Racheal, Monica, and I were enjoying the night in our new "The Tin Roof Cafe" organic cotton t-shirts that debuted that evening! They are available for purchase in the cafe! Here's the back:
We also had a special treat that night when Leslie & Brooke of Winfield's Locket came over to sing! If you aren't familiar with their music, try listening to "Fast" or "Worth the Drive"- two of our favorites!

Thank you again for coming over!


For our birthday, I talked myself into a juicer for the cafe. It wasn't a hard sell, especially because it was just in time to make Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade for July!!


I don't have a photo of our July Feature, so I will save that sandwich for another day. In the meantime, I will recommend the Tomato, Basil Pesto, Mozzarella panini!

This is a perfect summertime sandwich when tomatoes are fresh and ripe. The homemade basil pesto is blended basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt, olive oil, and parmesan cheese. And the fresh mozzarella grills so well with the ciabatta- it is really a good, simple sandwich. I think it was the first sandwich on my menu because I couldn't find a version this simple at another restaurant here, and I really wanted to eat one! It's especially good with a side salad or tomato soup, too! :)

So that's all of my photos for now! I will post Friday night movie info soon, and, if you like live music, make plans to attend our next Open Mic night on Friday, July 16, also! See you soon,
Summer

1 comment:

  1. That lemonade needs to be sold Summer. It's FABULOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete