Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Summer at The Tin Roof

Hello friends!
I hope this post finds you healthy, happy, and hungry for paninis! I haven't posted in awhile, so to catch up on fun stuff:
We have eggs! Apparently the hens are egg-laying prodigies. I read that they were supposed to be 5 or 6 months old before they had eggs, but nope- Ellie, Ruby, and Gertrude are only 4 months (ish) old. We also have Rooster, who has recently discovered his voice. I'm praying that the neighbors are only reminded of good times on the old farm (any old farm will do as long as they don't mind the crowing!).
The pear tree in the backyard is drooping with fresh pears. I made a fresh pear cobbler the other day. Parts of it were really good!
In completely unrelated news... we've hired Geanine (aka Baking Queen!) to bake desserts for our guests now. Your food is in good hands!
Then there's the garden- which looks so great from a far distance! There were some survivors- tomatoes, basil, a few cucumbers. So now I know some of the sturdier plants. Kiwi plant? Gone. Eggplants? Nowhere in sight. Leeks? I'm sure I planted seeds out there somewhere. Onions, Lettuce, and Sweet Potatoes? I can only promise you that the groundhogs and rabbits enjoyed the garden this year.
We've had some fun events also- Classic Movies on the lawn and Live Music at Open Mic Night. Thank you to all who came out for these, and stay tuned for more to come!

Talk soon,
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment